Newbie upgrade question

Rogue Node roguenode@home.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:59:12 -0600

Hello all,

I am running an older version of imp (version 2.2.0-pre14) and would like to
upgrade to 2.2.4 as easily as possible. Of course, I would like to keep my
current configuration intact. I looked about the ftp site and didn't see any
patches to take me from my current version up through the ranks until I was
current. Nor did I see any patch that seemed to be intended to move from a
pre version of 2.2.0 to a non-pre version.

Before simply backing up my system and then hand replacing the files from
the 2.2.4 tarball over their earlier versions  (and probably screwing
everything up) I thought I should seek out advice from the list. <Please be
kind, I'm a linux newbie>

 The system is running SuSE Linux 6.4, Horde 1.2.0-pre14, PHP4, Apache
1.3.12,  OpenLDAP 1.2, Courier IMAP 4.7c2,  and whichever MySql version came
with SuSE 6.4 (don't have access to the box at this moment, sorry.)

I wouldn't be disappointed by a hand-holding description, but realize a
simple pointer to the appropriate README, etc. may be all I need. :-)

-Chris B