IMP Session dropping instantly.

Ted M Harapat ted@mob.net
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 18:23:52 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone.

I've got everything working on my IMP setup except that it boots all users
out as soon as you log in. You're able to see the list of mail and click
on it, but since IMP thinks you're logged out as soon as you see that list
of emails, it makes you log in right away again... and from there it just
repeats. I've even tried different browsers. And this worked two days ago
before I intentionally upgraded IMP & all related software for security
reasons.

syslog only reports this:

Feb  4 17:56:44 godfather imapd[30990]: AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failure host=localhost [127.0.0.1]
Feb  4 17:56:44 godfather imapd[30990]: Logout user=??? host=localhost [127.0.0.1]
Feb  4 17:56:44 godfather IMP[30948]: FAILED xx.xx.xx.xx to localhost:143 as ted

I've read all the FAQ and READMEs and spent the day reading through the
maillist archive.. so here I am to ask if anyone has any idea why my
sessions end instantly. And it doesn't seem to have to do with IMAP
itself. That works fine outside of IMP.

I've got:

Apache 1.3.17
PHP 4.0.4-pl1
IMP 2.2.4
Horde 1.2.3
Mysql 3.23.32
imap-2000c
etc, etc.

test.php3 works just fine, everything is green except LDAP and Postgresql
(because I'm not using them).

In summary: Has anyone had this happen to them? What was your fix? Is
there someplace that talks about user Sessions?

On a side note (question), does anyone know what # means what in the
/horde/imp/config/defaults.php3 line of:

$default->error_level  			= 15

I set it to different #s but can't seem to determine if I'm getting any
more or less output considering that I can't do more than login due to my
above problem.

Thank you in advance. You generous IMP users saved me last time I set up
IMP a long time ago.

-ted

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Sun,  4 Feb 2001 20:37:02 -0500
> I've got everything working on my IMP setup except that it boots all users
> out as soon as you log in. You're able to see the list of mail and click
> on it, but since IMP thinks you're logged out as soon as you see that list
> of emails, it makes you log in right away again... and from there it just
> repeats. I've even tried different browsers. And this worked two days ago
> before I intentionally upgraded IMP & all related software for security
> reasons.

It sounds like your sessions aren't working. Have you tried the session test
part of test.php3?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me