[imp] IMP Session dropping instantly.

Ted M Harapat ted@mob.net
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:53:23 -0600 (CST)

Good call. I did that and I got this output:

010205 11:15:54  Aborted connection 10 to db: 'xxxxx' user: 'xxxxx' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

Now this is more than confusing for me. I'm looking for an answer on www
and usenet and someone from mysql.com wrote this:

	Usually this is because the client does not issue mysql_close() before it
	quits.

	The client might be (for example) a PHP persistent connection that gets
	killed ungracefully when the web server shuts down (or when the web server
	kills a child process after a while).  Or it could be just one of your
	programs.

So.... besides the fact that is seems to be that I'm the only one with
this problem, could the PHP scripts not be closing the connection
correctly to mysql with mysql_close?

I also noticed that people who mentioned the above error were actually
only wondering about the entry in their log file, not that their program
itself was broken. So this may be me running after something unrelated to
my session problem.

Does anyone see these errors in their mysql logs, yet still have IMP up
and running?

Thanks.

-ted