[imp] Strange sendmail activity associated with imp

Chris Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:53:15 -0600

CHRIS:
> > Suggestions for where I start tearing this apart? As I said in the
original
> > message, I noticed it only as a result of some horrible network
problems,
> > these messages were stalled on the server. So reproducing the "clog" is
> > undesirable (unmapping the nis server).

CHUCK:

> Not really... unless the second process is sendmail picking messages up as
> a daemon?

CHRIS:

I believe this is the case. Sendmail is running on  the machine, and is
configured in such a way that it forwards mail to the domain mailserver to
be sent. Would this seem normal with  sendmail running as a daemon?
 (Sorry you had to pull teeth to get the info.)