[imp] Can't get past the login screen

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:41:56 -0000

Timothy M. Butkiewicz wrote:

> Everything was working great until I get to the login screen. I can't log
> into anything. Local hosts, non local hosts. Doesn't matter. Login failed
> for some reason: Most likely your username or password was entered
> incorrectly.
>
> Without further debugging, the only thing I get log wise is as follows:

Have you looked in your error_log to see if Apache is segfaulting?
Also, try to run tcpdump or some other sniffer, and look at the IMAP traffic
and see if anything is amiss.

> I am running PHP 4.0.5-dev, Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) FrontPage/4.0.4.3
> Redhat 6

Why PHP-dev?  At this point, you're almost on your own, since pretty much
anything could have broken in that snapshot, so you'll have to do a lot more
debugging.  Try going back to 4.0.4pl1, and see if it works with that.

Anil