IMAP Troubles

Alexandre Hautequest hquest@fesppr.br
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:42:12 -0200 (BRST)

Hi all.

This had been discussed some time ago in this list, and was all about login
failure messages and so on.

Today, i've took a not-so-deep look at what IMP-PHP-APACHE-IMAP was doing, i've
found this to be a little interesting:

The first connection php-imap did goes right; any other connection it tries to
do inside status.php3 don't. The amazing thing is the imp class inside it is
absolutely right. And is just inside status.php3. At no other place this error
is happening. (please correct me if i'm wrong)

I've took some network annalysis here, and i can comprove this theory.

All of this was cool, but the problem still persist. This is the bad news.

The not so bad news: It is not fault of IMP devel team. All problems related to
this error are with people using imap2000 c-client libs and PHP4.

Now we must discover who is causing this: PHP4 or imap2000?

Comments are welcome.

Before you question, "but what version are you using?". HORDE 1.2.4, IMP 2.2.4,
PHP4.0.4, IMAP 2000b, PHPLib 7.2c, Apache 1.3.14 and other things not related to
this problem.

Thanks.

--
Alexandre Hautequest
hquest at fesppr.br

"Globalização: Um paraguaio dirigindo pelas estradas brasileiras um carro
francês fabricado na Argentina utilizando gasolina iraquiana, ouvindo música
americana num som japonês."

Esta mensagem foi enviada pelo WebMail da FESP.
Conheça a FESP: http://www.fesppr.br/