[imp] Intallation Problem -Solved

Stew Loewy loewy@buffalo.edu
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:25:54 -0500

Thanks Brett!! (and everyone who responded)

It turns out my problem was (as you suggested) that there was no active
sessions table in the database.  As soon as I created it things started to
work great

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent J. Nordquist [mailto:bjn@horde.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 10:23 AM
To: Stew Loewy
Cc: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [imp] Intallation Problem

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Stew Loewy <loewy@buffalo.edu> wrote:

> Can either of you give me any insight with where to start with the
> debug for the session stuff?

First off, check the IMP list archive; we had a discussion with Ted
Harapat yesterday that resulted in his discovery that he didn't have an
active_sessions table in his database.

The bottom line is that something is preventing IMP from being able to
store the session data.  So check horde/phplib/local.inc and, using the
exact same host, user, password, and database name, try to log into the
database using the "mysql" command, and try to insert a row into the
active_sessions table.  Chances are high that something along that path
isn't configured correctly.  Oh, and make sure the SQL section is
uncommented in local.inc.

> PHP:  4.0.2

Check the "supported" page on the web; that version doesn't work.  You
need at least 4.0.3pl1

> imap 4.5 (University of Washington)

And this has many security and other bugs; 4.7c2 at least, but probably
2000 is best.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>