[imp] imp causes high load ?

Mark Chitti mchitti@openworldinc.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:45:16 -0500

Take a look at some of the system monitoring tools, like mpstat (can't
remember what the others are right now, my Solaris is getting a bit rusty)
and see what is hogging the CPU.

As for the machine you are running this on, is this a SPARC station of some
sort?  And how many users?  If you've got some yahoo setting at his/her
desk hitting reload because they think that the webmail isn't fast enough,
that will surley do it because you are loading another instead of apache
and php every time you call IMP.

Apache should be taking up about 2-4 meg per child depending and version
and features.
PHP I think takes up around 4 meg per child.