[imp] imp causes high load ?

serene@home.martnet.com serene@home.martnet.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:02:27 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I used "uptime" to see the workload. I know it is not a good
indicator, but very high uptime (5-12) make me think some
thing is going wrong--I have never seen such a high uptime on other
systems.
Everytime a lot of apache processes spawn,
the uptime goes very high.  And I don't think we do anything else
except webmail on this system.

I have compiled every module as static, and I used mysql-3.22.25.

Also, I used to try to reduce the  load by doing the persistent
feature (KeepAlive) in apache, this help reduce the load.
However, one days there was too many connections that make the server
not able to accept anymore connection.  mysql complaint abt too many
connection, and the system freezed for a while.  That's why I disable
the KeepAlive :(

any suggestion will be very thankful !!!!!!

se