[imp] imp-2.2.4 logging in and ie5.5

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:09:34 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Network <network@network.shacknet.nu> wrote:

> Well thanks for that however, your suggestions were already done during the
> original install and yet, I don't have those files (mysql.so -or- imap.so).

Hmmm.  Well, it's all consistent.  The Apache "can't find imap.so" means
that Apache+PHP was compiled to expect IMAP to be a DSO, but that DSO
isn't installed.  That will cause the PHP script to exit abruptly, and so
the "This page cannot be displayed" is just what you would expect to see:

> At this point no matter which button I press I am given a "The page cannot
> be displayed" (further down this page it has a link to detect Network
> settings).

What was the exact configure command you used to configure PHP for
FreeBSD?  And, when the build was finished, there should have been imap.so
and mysql.so in the build tree... you could try a find command.  Or,
perhaps the build of imap.so failed... did you carefully inspect the
output from the compile to see if it exited with errors?

If you're getting this error consistently then that's what I would focus
on first; nothing else will work without PHP's IMAP support.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>