[imp] imp-2.2.4 logging in and ie5.5

Network network@network.shacknet.nu
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:59:07 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] imp-2.2.4 logging in and ie5.5

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Network <network@network.shacknet.nu> wrote:
>
> > Well thanks for that however, your suggestions were already done during
the
> > original install and yet, I don't have those files (mysql.so -or-
imap.so).

> Hmmm.  Well, it's all consistent.  The Apache "can't find imap.so" means
> that Apache+PHP was compiled to expect IMAP to be a DSO, but that DSO
> isn't installed.  That will cause the PHP script to exit abruptly, and so
> the "This page cannot be displayed" is just what you would expect to see:
>
> > At this point no matter which button I press I am given a "The page
cannot
> > be displayed" (further down this page it has a link to detect Network
> > settings).
>
> What was the exact configure command you used to configure PHP for
> FreeBSD?  And, when the build was finished, there should have been imap.so
> and mysql.so in the build tree... you could try a find command.

There is no imap.so -or- mysql.so for php on this machine at all -nor- to
any port have reference to imap.so/mysql.so in the 'plist'

> Or, perhaps the build of imap.so failed... did you carefully inspect the
> output from the compile to see if it exited with errors?

Within the freebsd ports collection for mod_php4 there is a "configure.php"
script that is run which allows you to enable any options that aren't
enabled in the mod_php4's  -Makefile-.  Rather than give a winded
explaination below are snippets for the mod_php4 'Makefile' -and- and the
'configure.php' script  --with focus on mysql (snippets)

>From the mod_php4 Makefile...
CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-apxs=${PREFIX}/sbin/apxs \
                --enable-versioning \
                --with-system-regex \
                --with-config-file-path=${PREFIX}/etc \
                --disable-debug \
                --enable-track-vars \
                --without-gd \
                --disable-pear \
                --without-mysql
The last item on the list is *enabled* within the configure.php script.

>From the mod_php4 configure.php script.  below is my answer to "what is the
exact configure command"

\"MySQL\")
                        echo "LIB_DEPENDS+=
mysqlclient.10:\${PORTSDIR}/databases/
                        echo "CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-mysql=\${PREFIX}"
-
As for the imap support, when the script presented me with the menu I
enabled imap support in php4 via putting a check in the box.  Below is the
imap code from  configure.php

\"IMAP\")
                      echo "LIB_DEPENDS+=
c-client4.8:\${PORTSDIR}/mail/cclient"
                      echo "CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-imap=\${PREFIX}"

I remind you, I'm not able to read this yet.