[imp] imp-2.2.4 logging in and ie5.5

andrew morgan morgan@orst.edu
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:25:00 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Network wrote:

> > If you're getting this error consistently then that's what I would focus
> > on first; nothing else will work without PHP's IMAP support.

> open

Perhaps you have a PHP extension set?  Here is the relevant section from
php.ini:

extension_dir = ./  ; directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Dynamic Extensions ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; if you wish to have an extension loaded automaticly, use the
; following syntax:  extension=modulename.extension
; for example, on windows,
; extension=msql.dll
; or under UNIX,
; extension=msql.so
; Note that it should be the name of the module only, no directory information
; needs to go here.  Specify the location of the extension with the extension_dir directive above.

I don't know if this is how the imap and mysql php packages are handled
because I compile php from source.  This sure looks like your error from
above.  PHP would look for imap.so in the ./ directory, assuming your
settings are the same as mine.

Hopefully this is useful information.  Have a look at your php.ini file.

	Andy