[imp] imp-2.2.4 logging in and ie5.5

Network network@network.shacknet.nu
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 01:10:55 -0500

Please review my original issue with IMP....
the errors I posted before with reference to "mysql.so & imap.so" were due
to the extention entry in "php.ini" which seem *not* to be needed because, I
compiled "imap & mysql" support into the freebsd-port= mod_php4 --(I removed
the 'extention=') lines in php.ini ridding my box of those errors.
-
I am still plagued with Imp's intermittent loading of pages after clicking
on links.  This behavior happens not only from the index.php3 -or- the
login.php3 but, also when your already logged in and click the provided
'compose' link as well as other links.
-
In addition to that, *every* successful login yields the following error to
/var/log/messages;

Feb  8 00:36:49 tower IMP[221]: Login 192.168.0.3 to localhost:143 as
network
Feb  8 00:36:50 tower imapd[273]: Login failure user=
host=localhost.swahilie.net [127.0.0.1]
Feb  8 00:36:56 tower last message repeated 2 times
-
While I recognize this is a imap error, I fail to see how to track this down
because the login is *successful*
However, if the login is UN-successful, as my first email stated (user
logging in presented with "Page cannot be displayed" 'detect network
settings') <-- in this case *no* error in any log is displayed, Hence the
title of this email.
-
This is our only problem with horde/imp.  When it allows us to login and
load the pages via clicking the provided links it works fine.
-
Review of the system
OS/FreeBSD-4.2-Stable
PHP Version 4.0.4pl1 // from the ports collection= Mod_php4 -compiled with
imap & mysql support-
IMAP-uw c-Client Version 4.1
Mysql= Client API version 3.23.32
Apache Version Apache/1.3.17
mod_ssl/2.8.0 OpenSSL/0.9.6

Any further info that's needed in order to help... please ask

Respectfully yours