[imp] From line creation? (2.2.4)

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:50:51 +0000

Marius Strom writes:
> At the risk of sounding slightly idiotic, what are you not seeing in
> your sendmail logs?

 Quotes. sendmail logs look like this:

Feb  6 17:13:19 localhost sendmail[13378]: RAA13376: to=imp@lists.horde.org, ctladdr=lhecking (uid/gid), delay=00:00:02, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=relay, relay=mailhost [ip.add.re.ss], stat=Sent (Ok: queued as AFD5BEEDB)

 Ie. the from=/to= is followed by the plain sender/recipient address. Whereas
 the snippet you posted had quoted addresses.

> I don't believe it's a sendmail config error -- when I send email
> locally from mutt (calling sendmail rather than SMTP) I am not seeing
> these strange From separators.  It's strictly IMP that's causing these.

 Yep.