the document contained no data: segmentation fault - libmcrypt

Bob Havlin bob@rabi.cchem.berkeley.edu
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:52:29 -0800

Installed:
horde-1.3.4-cvs, imp-2.3.7-cvs, PHP Version 4.0.5-dev,
apache_1.3.14, imap-2000 on RedHat-7.0

When I attempt to log into imp, the browser returns the
message "the document contained no data...".  This is
unrelated to the imap server or anything else since I can
put anything in any of the input fields and get the same
error.

The error log is unhelpful with the message:
"[Sun Feb  4 15:04:31 2001] [notice] child pid 17856 exit
signal Segmentation fault (11)"

I saw related information on the mail archives regarding seg
faults and problems with libmcrypt (I tried both
libmcrypt-2.4.9 and 2.4.7), so I configured PHP4 (PHP
Version 4.0.5-dev) without the --with-mcrypt and then I
would not get the error "document contains no data" instead
I now get a response from imp telling me that the login was
incorrect (as if it had accessed the mail server and was
denied) , however tcpdump shows no attempt to contact the
mail server..

Surely others must have the same problem because I am
following the /horde/docs/INSTALL procedure exactly (the
install doc writer might want to consider stating versions
instead of only 'CVS') .

Any help/progress in this area?