[imp] Downloading Whole Folders

Nick Silberstein nick@darktwin.net
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:00:13 -0800 (PST)

> Okay - interesting feature. Do other admins have an idea of the
> usefulness/confusion factor of this feature? It shouldn't be too
> hard to implement, though it'd probably be kind of time-consuming...

I think this would be an excellent feature.  One thing I would ask
though, is the ability to have IMP prompt for your password before
allowing a bulk download of folder contents.

I don't think there's much of a confusion factor involved, as long
as one words the feature correctly.  "Archive Folder" might be more
appropriate than "Download".  One should also have a choice of text
formats ("Archive for PC", "Archive for Unix", "Archive for Mac").
Some sort of compression prior to download would also be cool. Hey,
if you're going to do it, do it right :-)

Nick

--
Nick Silberstein <nick@darktwin.net>