[imp] Downloading Whole Folders

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:12:20 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> > They then could archive it off to a CD or something and would be
> > able to read it in (probably far into the future) with just about any
> > e-mail client that supports local mailboxes.
>
> Okay - interesting feature. Do other admins have an idea of the
> usefulness/confusion factor of this feature?

I've already been asked about this one here... with quotas (and fairly
small quotas at that, by modern standards), the issue of archiving comes
up fairly frequently.  I thought it would also be cool, in addition to
saving to mailbox format, to perhaps provide some kind of static HTML
rendering, so that you could browse the CD with a web browser.  Obviously
IMP users would be much more comfortable with that paradigm than having to
learn a new client just to read the archive.

I do like the term "Archive" over "Download".  I don't think this would be
overly confusing.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>