[imp] [(horde | imp) -> xtract email attachments (fwd)]

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:06:51 -0500

Quoting "Nikolaus Wagner" <Nik@hweiss.at>:

> (How) Can I do this with your program ( yes, but how much work is it compared
> to : ) or is there another specialized php-steered program just for
> extracting attachments, which also passes the UW-test ?
>
> If you don't know any program that just does email-extraction, how about
> opening a new branch of your software that does just that ?
> ( which is: I _really_ want that, I want it in php, can I contribute ?)

I'm not sure how much specialized logic you need, but it sounds like pretty
much everything you want is done by our MIME_Structure() class. See
http://cvs.horde.org/cvs.php/horde/lib/MIME.php for our base MIME class, and
http://cvs.horde.org/cvs.php/horde/lib/MIME/ for the directory of subclasses
that includes MIME_Structure.

There are some basic phpdoc-generated docs here:
http://chuck.bitgroup.com/api/ (look for the horde.mime package).

... and, of course, examples of how to use it in the IMP source code. =) Let us
know if that does what you want, and if you have any questions.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me