Fwd: SASL + LDAP + IMAPD

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:29:19 -0500

----- Forwarded message from Jason Brownlee <jasonb@spotlightonline.com.au>
-----
    Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:19:57 +1100
    From: Jason Brownlee <jasonb@spotlightonline.com.au>
 Subject: SASL + LDAP + IMAPD
      To: chagenbu@wso.williams.edu

Hello,
I saw your posts on the imp mailing list, and thought you may be able
help me out.

I'm setting up the scalable system as described in the HOW-TO.
Everything is going well so far, but I any having problems getting
cyrus-sasl to use LDAP for authenticating for cyrus-imap.
the ldap server works and is used by postfix. the imap server is also
working fine. SASL does work but is using the wrong authentication
(plain or md5).

I have set the following in /etc/imap.conf:
sasl_passwd_check: pam

I have also installed pam_ldap.so from rpm and set up /etc/pam.d/imap:
#%PAM-1.0
auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth    required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account sufficient      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so

System: RH7.0
cyrus-sasl-1.5.24 + ldap patch(for 1.5.24)
openldap 2.0.7
cyrus-imapd 2.0.11
postfix-20001217pl8

Thanks for your help!!!

--
Jason Brownlee
Shine Technologies

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me