[imp] Error messages due to extra comma in address?

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:55:12 -0500

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 08:40:47AM -0600, Chris Crowley (ccrowley@tulane.edu) wrote:
> I have seen this error message twice from the horde problem report mailer. I
> am currently speculating that the users mis-typed their email address and
> added an extra comma.
>
> Have others seen this behavior? If so, have you traced it to imp, or to
> sendmail? Any clever fixes? ('s/,$//') ?
>
> MISSING_MAILBOX_TERMINATOR@.SYNTAX-ERROR,
>    UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR

See <http://bofh/hordeweb/faq/admin/trouble/index.php#t36> and the
mailing-list archive -- this one's been discussed to death. It's not a
*trailing* comma; it's usually someone misusing a semicolon as an
separator in a list of addresses.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services