why is imp quoting '?

Bob Billson reb@theshed.dhs.org
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:26:05 -0500

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 11:20:47AM -0500, reb wrote:
> This only occurs in the message body.  For example, the word "don't" beco=
mes
> "don\'t".  It's only seen when reading mail.

Oops... correction.  The \ quoting also silently occurs in sent mail.  I tried
composing mail using Imp.  Sent it to another machine.  Read the mail with
Mutt.  All the ' in the body are quoted with a \.

      bob
--
 bob billson        email: reb@theshed.dhs.org        ham: kc2wz
                           bob@goleader.com           Linux geek   /)