[imp] session timeouts

Eric S. Johansson esj@harvee.billerica.ma.us
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:05:26 -0500

At 03:49 PM 2/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>The status bar refreshing keeps the session alive. If you turn that off,
>sessions will time out after a while.

thanks for the quick response.

This implies that the status bar refresh keeps running even if you have
gone to another web site.  In my experiment, I first went to my imp page
and read e-mail.  Then I went to /. and left the browser pointing there
overnight.  I then reentered the URL for my imp page and it came up right
where I left off, e-mail readable and everything.

As an expansion on this experiment, I shut down all copies of the browser
running and went back to my imp page where I got the login prompt as
expected.  I'll run the overnight test again with 2.2.4.

---eric