Strange problem with some attachments...

Dan Ellis danellis@rushmore.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:07:23 -0700 (MST)

(I posted previously, but not even an RTFM :)  I'm trying again in hopes of
someone having seen this before!)

I searched the imp archive, but did not find anything that helped.

With some attachments, I am unable to download or view them.
In /var/log/messages I get an  "IMAP toolkit crash: Lock when already locked"
message.  The messages seem to download and view ok from Outlook express, so I
am assuming that the problem lies with the IMP box.  I upgraded my php to 4.0.3
(and all modules from 4.0.1) and upgraded Imp/Horde to 2.2.4/1.2.4 (from
2.2.3/1.2.3), but that does not seem to help.

I have traced the problem down to view.php at the end there is a imap_fetchbody
() call that is not returning.  IMP just hangs and eventually the browser times
out with a "zero sized reply".  It happens in both IE and lynx.

In error_log for apache, I am seeing a:[notice] child pid 4313 exit signal
Aborted (6)

I'm lost, any ideas?  I thought this was the IE5.5 problem, but it also happens
in lynx, so...

Are there some lockfiles sitting around on my imp machine?

Redhat 7, cyrus imap on different machine, what else do I need to say?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Sent by Black Hills Fibercom Webmail!