[imp] newmail_popup not working

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:26:49 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Network wrote:

> > For me, that version of PHP won't work.  Try downgrading PHP to 4.0.3pl1,
> > and I suspect your newmail_popup will begin working.
>
> Jlewis...
> I was told (and I see from status.php3) that this newmail_popup is
> javascript code.  What is your reasoning for suggesting I downgrade my
> php-install?  Please keep in mind i don't code for a living.

Though I have written code in the past, I don't code for a living either.
I'm a system and network admin.  I haven't looked at the code enough to
understand the problem.  I can say that the newmail_popup cannot be
entirely javascript though...it relies on IMP/PHP to make the connection
to the imap server and actually check for new mail every
$default->refresh_delay seconds.

All I know is with php-4.0.4, it doesn't work.  With php-4.0.4pl1, I'm
told it doesn't work.  With 4.0.5-dev from CVS yesterday, it worked, but
more serious bugs were introduced.  Later in the day yesterday, I saw
someone post that they were using php-4.0.3pl1, and decided to give it a
try.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |