[imp] Howto!

Nick Silberstein nick@darktwin.net
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:50:29 -0800 (PST)

Quoting terry071298@netscape.net:
> > > I'm interested in using/configuring imp/horde in my new configured
> > > linux machine. Anyone has a step by step howto on how to
> > > setup/configure IMP/HORDE...
> >
> > I'm not sure why this would be surprising, but IMP comes with
> > documentation, as do all of the programs upon which it depends.

In the User's FAQ, 1.3, "Where can I find documentation", the FAQ has
this to say:

  Unfortunately, the documentation for Horde applications often lags
  behind the application itself, and much of the current versions of
  Horde applications remain undocumented. Speak with your local
  support staff to see if local documentation has been made available.

I suspect that this guy may have read the User's FAQ rather than the
Administrator's FAQ, and interpreted 'support staff' as this mailing
list. Perhaps the "User's FAQ" should be renamed the "End-User FAQ"
to reduce potential confusion?

Best Regards,
Nick

--