[imp] Howto!

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:05:09 -0500

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:50:29AM -0800, Nick Silberstein (nick@darktwin.net) wrote:

> I suspect that this guy may have read the User's FAQ rather than the
> Administrator's FAQ, and interpreted 'support staff' as this mailing
> list. Perhaps the "User's FAQ" should be renamed the "End-User FAQ"
> to reduce potential confusion?

It currently reads

   The Horde User's FAQ contains questions and answers regarding using
   Horde and its components. If you are /not/ the system administrator
   for your Horde installation, this is probably the FAQ you want. On
   the other hand, if you're having trouble getting IMP installed and
   running, you probably want the _Administrator's FAQ_.

I'm not sure how that could be made clearer; there's little we can do
about people that don't read, and I don't think one person having
maybe or maybe not misinterpreted the title is grounds for a change.

(I can't see very many people interpreting this list as "local support
staff", either, though.)

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services