[imp] shm_key

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 06:03:33 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Oliver Schulze L. <oliver@samera.com.py> wrote:

> My question is, if I use the shared memory container, should I get a
> shorter responce in imp?

I haven't ever measured this, but unless your database server is
overloaded I wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference.

> And when I configure to use shm, the is a shm_value with a warning
> saying that this value should be unique. Ho do I know that this is a
> unique value? Or better, how do I choose a unique value?

Just leave the shm_key set to that value... it's very unlikely that
anything else in your system would be using that particular one.  (It just
has to be unique vs. other applications in your system.)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>