[imp] IMP and Sendmail::Milter

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:43:10 -0500

Quoting "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver@samera.com.py>:

> well, this aren't great news. :-(

Well, it's the unadultered truth, which hopefully counts for something.0

> You think if I start hacking on IMP, I could get it to send emails using
> SMTP?
> I mean, is it posible?

Possible, yes. You'd need to find some SMTP code (if you're using PHP4, you can
use the PEAR Mail:: interface), and replace the mailfrom() function in
horde/lib/horde.lib.

> Well, I think I have no choice because I do need the emails to get
> filtered.

Could you use ssmtp or another small sendmail-replacement to relay messages to
your smtp server? That might be a better solution...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus or minus 8 kilograms." -A NASA scientist