[imp] Opening different sessions in the same machine

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:15:47 -0500

Quoting Jorge Izquierdo <jizquierdo@sgi.es>:

>  Hello again. I have my IMP running and Iīve probed to open two browsers to
> work with it. I open the first one and point my IMP installation, log in as
> a user and read my mail. Without exiting this session I try to open another
> browser on the same machin but with another user session, but I canīt. It
> directly points me to the user of the first session. Is this a bug?
> Once Iīscape from the session in one browser and I enter with another user,
> the two browser sesions appears to be the same one (the one of the lasta
> user I enter).
>
> Have I misconfigured something?

No; this is just how cookie based sessions work. If you need this to work, then
you need to either force get-mode sessions (turn cookies off in your browser or
set session_mode to 'get' in phplib's local.inc file), or run completely
seperate browser instances (a new process in IE will do this; running another
netscape process on linux should do it. I'm not sure if it's possible with
netscape under windows) that don't share cookies.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"We have no fuel on board, plus