[imp] Postgres and Persistent Conections

Martin A. Marques martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:28:47 -0300 (ART)

Mensaje citado por: "Alexander E. Belck" <alexb@iol.psi.br>:

> > I'm trying to use horde-1.2.4 with imp-2.2.4 with Postgres wher I
> still
> > (I'm upgrading from 1.2.3/2.2.3) have problems with persistent
> conections.
> > I searched all documents and found that .../hord/imp/lib/db.pgsql at
> > function imp_open_pg_db() still use 'pg_pconnect'.
> >
> > I tryed to modify this to 'pg_connect' but this generates a lot of
> erros
> > when I try to login at IMP.
> >
> > Does someby knows how to use horde/imp with Postgres without
> generating a
> > lot of idle postgres processes that seams never to end ?

In the php.ini file, lower down the amount of persistent conections to 2 or 3,
and wait for PHP-4.0.5 to come out, which will have the persistent conection
problem resolved (as I heard)

Saludos... :-)

System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.
Martín Marqués                  email:  martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina            http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar