RES: [imp] Postgres and Persistent Conections

Alexander E. Belck alexb@iol.psi.br
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 20:21:52 -0300

I tryed to set 'pgsql.max_persistent = 3' in php.ini where I got
unable to login. Then I set it to 10, where I could login, but
after browsing some messages I got the same errors as when
trying to login with 'pgsql.max_persistent = 3'. Following
is one of this errors:

Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: pqReadData() -- read() failed: errno=32
Broken pipe in /home/vhost/spsul.com.br/www/horde/imp/lib/db.pgsql on line
100

The erro occurs in diferent lines (I remamber 82 too).

I also tryed to set 'pgsql.allow_persistent = Off' where I got the same
error in .../lib/db.pgsql

Thanks
Alex

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Martin A. Marques [mailto:martin@math.unl.edu.ar]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2001 19:29
Para: imp@lists.horde.org
Assunto: Re: [imp] Postgres and Persistent Conections

Mensaje citado por: "Alexander E. Belck" <alexb@iol.psi.br>:

> > I'm trying to use horde-1.2.4 with imp-2.2.4 with Postgres wher I
> still
> > (I'm upgrading from 1.2.3/2.2.3) have problems with persistent
> conections.
> > I searched all documents and found that .../hord/imp/lib/db.pgsql at
> > function imp_open_pg_db() still use 'pg_pconnect'.
> >
> > I tryed to modify this to 'pg_connect' but this generates a lot of
> erros
> > when I try to login at IMP.
> >
> > Does someby knows how to use horde/imp with Postgres without
> generating a
> > lot of idle postgres processes that seams never to end ?

In the php.ini file, lower down the amount of persistent conections to 2 or
3,
and wait for PHP-4.0.5 to come out, which will have the persistent conection
problem resolved (as I heard)

Saludos... :-)

System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.