[imp] remote_login and non-default server and servtype

Emily Carl emilyac@wanet.net
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:43:31 -0800

Chuck,

I am trying to use a version of remote_login.php3 to
automatically login to a specific email box name,
email password, and email server name  just as the imp
login screen allows you to do manually.  I.E. the imp
login screen has html text input fields allowing you
to enter Username, Password, Server, select Server port,
and select Language.

I am setting form variables $pass and $imapuser in the
remote_login.php3 file and asking it to automatically
jump to the logged-in screen on imp. This works to the
extent that it logs in to the DEFAULT SERVER with the
specified Username ($imapuser) and Password ($pass).

The problem I am having is that the remote_login.php3
example does not include provision for setting the
Server, selecting the Server port, or selecting the
Language as imp's manual login screen does.  I am
confident that calling remote_login.php3 with $pass and
$imapuser set contacts the default Server.

When I look at mailbox.php3, I see that the $IMAPServer
variable can be set to point to an entry in the $IMAPServers
array defined in config/servers.php3.  The problem with
this is that I need the Server to be programmable and not
a selection from a predefined set of mail servers.  I am
looking for the same flexibility as is available in the
imp login screen where I can specify each of: Username,
Password, Server, Server Port and Language.

Please let me know if you do not understand what I am
trying to do.

Thanks!
Emily.