[imp] include_path points to pear, but pear_files are not included

Axel Suppantschitsch as@suit.at
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 12:22:52 +0100

hiya,

    I already solved the include_path problem myself. At this point I'd like
to make some suggestions:

1. The horde/test.php should point out, that the include_path setting has to
be made in the horde.conf (../horde directory) file which is used by apache
and not within php.ini. This simple information could have saved me a lot of
time and nerves.

2. The famous pear files and their inclusion: In none of the INSTALL files
(imp, horde) the need of this directory is mentioned, not even in the README
of the PEAR directory itself. I needed quite a lot of time to figure this
out by reading uncountable posts in several mailing lists.

3. I already know the CVS-related comments on postings like this. I know,
that this version is in heavy development. I know, that the whole of the
time is needed for the development and not for writing HowTos, etc.
But I think nobody can deny the fact, that eg. a special CVS-release
Install/Help file with just the differences between the stable/official
release of horde/imp and the CVS-release could save many people a lot of
time and nerves. The information concerning the differences regarding the
installtion wouldn't be more than the words within this email I guess...

Ready for comments...

Axel Suppantschitsch
-----
phone: +43-699-11226163