IMP with Qmail-LDAP and several site in the organisation

Dechansiaud, Eric Eric.DECHANSIAUD@stratium.fr
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:18:36 +0100

We have installed a "Qmail with LDAP" Linux server to manage our email
system with name : "school.org"
For administrative purposes we've created specific site parameters under the
organisation for each town. Like : "paris.school.org" or "nantes.school.org"
Following "Qmail with LDAP" specifications, users are managed within
openLDAP db for each site within the organisation.
Each client user has been defined with an unic ID used to login from IMP,
with a default email address defined as "uid@town.school.org".

The Problem is :
each time a user logs in IMP and send an email, the received header will
display only "uid@school.org". I understand that's this is due to
"imp/control/defaults.php3" file parameters :
	$default->append_header = true;
	$default->append_trailer = iscom.org;

Could you give me a solution to that problem. I mean : we would like the
address in the header to be the "mail" parameter of the user's LDAP entry.

My system is running :
RedHat v.6.2 with kernel 2.2.18
openLDAP 1.2.11
qmail 1.0.3