[imp] RPMs on ftp site

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:08:50 -0500

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:54:32AM -0800, Mark Nienberg (mark@tippingmar.com) wrote:
> I'm in the middle of my first imp installation, using the rpms from the
> ftp.horde.org site.  Something seems to have happened in the last
> day or two, such that the rpms are not available where they used to
> be.  Specifically:
>
> The file
> ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/i386/php-3.0.16-5horde7.README
> is missing.  I think it was there a few days ago.

Poke around on the FTP server, you'll see how it's been reorganized;
in particular, start at <URL:ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/>. Dates on
the files suggest that things got moved around at the beginning of
February (which is when IMP 2.2.4 appeared).

> Because it is missing, the link to it from
> http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/prereq/index.php#p6
> doesn't work anymore.

I'll fix this tonight.

> The README says that the Horde/IMP RPMs are available at
> ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/i386/
> but they aren't.

Hrm? I can see them here.

> They are, however at
> ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/noarch/

Right, but those are the platform-independent ones, not the
platform-specific ones.

> Should I use the ones from "noarch" on a RedHat7 i686 machine?

Yes, "noarch" means platform-independent. And the i386 ones will work
fine on i686; it's the other way around that doesn't work.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services