[imp] Oops, I broke it again...

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 18:31:26 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Nelson, Bradley <NELSONB@PIOS.com> wrote:

> I was trying to get rid of the backslash thing (can\'t) in IMP so I upgraded
> to php4.

The solution is actually to turn off magic_quotes, which will work with
PHP 3 too... but anyway...

> Now when I try to get my mail it actually tries to download the index.php3
> file instead of opening it.
> follow symlinks is on and index.php3 is in my httpd.conf on the
> DirectoryIndex line

The DirectoryIndex line isn't inside an IfModule clause (specific to PHP
3) is it?  You also need the AddType line to change to:

	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .php

Note that for PHP 3 that would have been "application/x-httpd-php3" and
with PHP 4 it's "-php".

> is there something I have to change in my defaults.php3 file to point to
> php4 instead of php3 on the apache server side?

No; this is an Apache configuration issue.  If none of that solves your
problem, reply with your Apache config. file attached and we'll take a
look.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>