Persistent IMAP connection?

Ray Jackson Ray.Jackson@cern.ch
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:28:16 +0100

Hi all,

I've had a browse through the archives and found discussions about the
possibility of implementing persistent IMAP connectivity during an IMP
session.  Has anybody implemented anything yet?  Are PHP4+ themselves
going to implement anything here?  Here we have 13k users and without
such a feature our IMP webmail just isn't scalable (without buying new
hardware and dedicating extra resources to our webmail service).

I know IMHO can do something here - but we don't want to use Roxen and I
love IMP - so can anybody give me the low-down on whether such a feature
will EVER be made available for IMP?

Failing that - any suggestions on how to improve the performance of IMP
would be welcome (we must use uw-imap/sendmail).

Many thanks,
Ray Jackson
--
PS. At the moment we are running IMP 2.3.6 (via a CVS download) and PHP
4.0.4 (plus a CVS download of the new PHP 'PEAR' libraries).  We are