[imp] Menu Layout in IMP 2.3.7

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:57:22 -0500

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 11:35:55AM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch (chuck@horde.org) wrote:
> Quoting Paul Juliano <paul@edsamail.com.ph>:
>
> > I tried changing this in ~imp/conf.php:
> >
> > /**
> >  ** HTML / Layout Settings
> >  **/
> >
> > // Where should we display the menu? Valid values are 'top', 'left',
> > // 'bottom', and 'right'.
> > $conf['layout']['menu'] = 'left';
>
> This setting sort of went away when we killed the frames. Do people
> really want it back? It'd be fairly easy to have left or top; bottom
> and right would mean fussing with all of the files that use the
> menu.
>
> I'd rather just keep it consistently on top now that we're
> frameless. Thoughts?

Yay for consistency across sites.

   3. Menu Operations.

      Along the top of your screen is a menu which enables you to
      quickly access IMP's primary features -- message composition,
      addressbook ...

vs.

   3. Menu Operations.

      The IMP menu enables you to quickly access IMP's primary
      features -- message composition, addressbook ... Depending on
      your local configuration, the menu will be located at the top,
      left, bottom, or right.

The fewer times we have to say "This might be different at your site"
in the manual, the more straightforward it is for users to use
documentation to figure out how it works.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services