[imp] I'm a little out of the loop, I guess...

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:22:37 -0500

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:58:45AM -0500, Joseph Formoso (jformoso@stevens-tech.edu) wrote:
> Folks,
>
> 	I've been running Horde 1.2.3/IMP 2.2.3 for awhile now, and was
> just taking advantage of Spring Break to do some updates to more secure
> versions.  We have a dev box, so I did a CVS checkout of STABLE_1_2 for
> Horde and STABLE_2_2 for IMP.  I got the x.2.5-cvs versions; the last I
> heard, though, x.2.4 were the most current stable versions in the x.2
> family.  Did I just miss a note on the mailing list, or did I manage to
> snag the wrong version?

Nope, just different values of "stable". 2.2.4 was the last stable
release; it's the one where we've said "Okay, this should refrain from
breaking enough to use in production." :-)

*Within CVS*, there's the "stable" branch (which we might call
2.2.5-cvs); that's the track that will head to the *next* stable
release. It should *also* be stable, but it's not like there's a huge
regression test suite, so it's not guaranteed to be
release-quality. (In other words, there may be bugs found in 2.2.4
post-release that have been fixed in CVS, and there may be bugs
introduced in CVS that weren't there in 2.2.4; the probability of the
former is higher than that of the latter, though.)

Then there's the "development" version, which makes absolutely no
pretense about being stable whatsoever.

> 	On a (possibly) unrelated note, the CVS checkout did some odd
> things to my phplib/local.inc file -- it appears to have tried to merge
> the one from the repository with the one I had, with parse-error-producing
> results (there were lines starting with <<<<<<< and some ===== lines;
> possibly a cvs diff weirdness?  Sorry -- I didn't keep a copy of the
> non-working file).

It does that when there've been changes in the repository, and changes
on your local one, and the two can't be merged. You'll have to merge
them by hand.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services