New unofficial patches

John Morrissey jwm@horde.net
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:39:49 -0500

I've updated some of my unofficial patches. As always, they're available
from http://horde.net/~jwm/software/imp/.

import-contacts-2.5.patch
-------------------------

Lots of cleanups and fixes for imports from Netscape Messenger and newer
versions of Outlook. Thanks to Chris Crowley for submitting bug reports and
sample imports for me to work with.

New: limited-user-changefrom-1.0.patch
--------------------------------------

This patch allows IMP to limit the e-mail addresses that users may choose as
their From address. Normally, when $default->user_change_from is set to
true, users are allowed to enter any From address for their outgoing e-mail.
This patch presents the user with a popup list of e-mail addresses to choose
from.

This requires an external DBM file; as a result, you need to have some form
of DBM support compiled into PHP (I recommend Berkeley DB2 or DB3). The
file's keys should be the username that the user logs in as and its values
should be a comma-separated list of e-mail addresses to allow the user to
choose from. For example, you could create a file like so:

foo     foo@bar.com,foo2@bar.com
baz     baz@quuz.com,metoo@other.com

and run makemap on it to generate a proper DBM file for this patch. This
format is structurally identical to the format of sendmail's virtusertable
(key<tab>value).

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o