ESC in IE

Liguo Song liguo.song@vanderbilt.edu
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:41:33 -0600

This may not be a bug, but it is certainly harmful.
Also, not sure this is a problem of IMP or the IE from Micro$oft.

When composing a message, or resuming a draft, after typing something,
then hit ESC, all the stuff that you just typed will be gone. @#$%^&!

This behave holds for IE, not sure about the version, at least I tried
IE5.5. It isn't true for Netscape, at least not for Netscape in Linux.

I know, I should not hit ESC since I just know its function for a price
of retyping 1000 words again, but what if I am a die-hard vi user.
(insert mode -> ESC -> normal mode) :(

This may just be a problem of IE. But, is there any way to avoid this in
IMP? Anyway, I still believe that ESC should be as harmful as getting
rid of +1000 words.

PS: Let it be a warning to people will use IE to access IMP, at least.

Thanks.

Liguo (Leo)