[imp] sending mail problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 02:21:34 -0500

Quoting David Cake <dave@difference.com.au>:

> There is nothing in my sendmail logs mentioning my test user at all.
> I'm confused as to why, despite my setting sendmail path and
> all, sending mail seems to talk to imapd rather than sendmail.

Well, IMP will authenticate with the imap server, but the mail sending process
has nothing to do with imapd (IMAP is a mail access protocol; it has no
provisions for sending mail). You'll have to trace the mail sending code to
find out how sendmail is being called, etc...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people