[imp] Fwd: [michels@cognid.com: Update for IMP-FAQ]

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:13:33 -0500

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 06:39:05AM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist (bjn@horde.org) wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure this belongs in the FAQ, because it's (1) not frequently
> > asked and (2) way more basic than a FAQ.
>
> Hmmm... I guess I'd call it "semi-frequently asked" :-), at least I've
> answered it (and seen it answered) several times.
>
> > It should probably go in docs/INSTALL, I guess,
>
> I wouldn't disagree with that approach either, but I guess the FAQ would
> be my vote.

My thinking: The FAQ should be where people turn for questions that've
come up during installation, and not instructions required for
installation. (I purged all of those when I moved the FAQ to its new
format.) In other words, a nonexceptional install shouldn't need the
FAQ in the first place.

   -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services