[imp] problems with LDAP search

Robert Marchand robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:41:42 -0500

Hi,

    many thanks.  I've finally had time to test and it seem working well.
Although I have
others questions related to LDAP:

Is there a possibility to have custom attributes searched?  We will have
aliases mail
address located in 'maillocaladdress'.  This is a search attribute, not a
result one so the
last line in the config does nothing for us.

Also what is the meaning of the fifth line (usually 'sn') in the config? I
didn't found detailed
help about the configuration.

Last thing: we will have two LDAP servers in case one has to be
shutdown.  We found that in ldapsearch and sendmail it is possible to
specify a list of server where you usually
put one.  It also worked with IMP.  Don't ever break this :-)!

Thanks again.