[imp] still get seg faults

Terry Davis tdavis@birddog.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:50:24 -0600

Ya, I am grabbing a new cvs daily to see if they fixed it.
:(

I wish there was a conversion so 2.2 used *.php instead of *.php3

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith A. Chayer [mailto:kchayer@bbcnet.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 3:24 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] still get seg faults

Quoting Max Kalika <max@the-triumvirate.net>:

> Quoting tdavis@birddog.com:
>
> > Anyone else seeing similar errors?
> >
> > I get this error right after I login.  And I think it is successfully
> > authenticating because it will come back and say if auth failed.
>
> Yes, I noticed this a bit back when the paging code was fixed.  I snooped
> around and narrowed it down to this call:
>
>        $new = imap_sort($imp['stream'], 0, 0, SE_UID, 'UNSEEN');
>
> Which produces this apache error (which in turn causes the seg fault)

> 0x80c0b87 in php_if_imap_sort (ht=5, return_value=0x83fb2c4, this_ptr=0x0,
> return_value_used=1)
>     at php_imap.c:2748
> 2748            for (sl = slst; *sl; sl++) {
>
> Curiously though this only happens with one of my accounts.  A different
> account works fine.  I am not yet sure what the requirements there are in

I have been plagued with a problem similar to this for a couple of weeks
now;
I'm sure we're experiencing the same thing.  I did some troubleshooting on
my
end, though not in the same direction you went.  I discovered, as you did,
that
I sometimes get segfaults when I log into IMP 2.3 (but not 2.2--it works
fine).
 I have made two odd related observations, though.  First, I can login fine,
logout, but then I can't log right back in.  However, if I give up, go to
browsing a few other sites, and then click back on my IMP bookmark, I am
already
logged in and at my inbox.  Second, sometimes, while I am logged in, I can
switch folders, but when I click back on my inbox, I get a segfault.  When I
moved all of my messages out of my inbox into another folder, I got
segfaults
accessing that folder.  I tried to nail down which message was the offending
culprit, but that's another story (there was no simple answer, and it always
seemed to only do it with certain, though not logical, combinations of
messages).

I figured it was probably a PHP problem (I keep my PHP CVS downloads fairly
current), and that IMP 2.3 was accessing something that IMP 2.2 wasn't.
Since I
am about the only one using the development version around here, I haven't
done
any more looking to track down what is causing the actual problem.  But
maybe
this added information will be useful to contribute to the discussion.

..Keith

Keith A. Chayer                                         Baptist Bible
College
Network Technician                                         Springfield, MO
=
           .--.
 ::\`--._,'.::.`._.--'/::      "Ready?  For 800 years have I trained Jedi.
 ::::.  ` __::__ '  .::::      My own council will I keep on who is ready."