[imp] mbox and mail folder

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:02:51 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Chuck Peters <cp@news.ccil.org> wrote:

> A user reported not being able to create folders via imp, for example
> when sending mail via imp, an error occurs saying "Message sent
> successfully, ERROR: not saved to mail/sent_mail."

And there's a "mail" directory in the user's home directory, owned
(writable) by that user?  How do you have $default->folders set in
horde/imp/config/defaults.php3 (here we use = 'mail/')?

> Other mail clients the user has are Outlook and Pine.

I have found it helpful here to standardize the names of the sent and
drafts (which pine calls "postponed") folders across all three of these
clients... that way no matter which they use, messages are stored
consistently.

> If I move or remove the mbox file from the users directory, she can
> create mail folders.

Hmm, that's odd.  You're aware of how UW-IMAP uses that mbox file (with
the mbox driver compiled in)?  But I didn't think that affected folder
creation.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>