IMP and Debian

Fabrice Cartron fcartron@apm-online.fr
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:04:22 +0100

Hello every body.

I'm trying to install IMP on Linux Debian 2.2. I use "apt-get install"

When i install IMP every links seem to be OK. Every packages needed by
IMP appear to be installed.

My Version is:

Debian 2.2 R2
imp 2:2.2.3-0.potato.4
php3 3:3.0.18-0potato1
horde  2:1.2.3-0.potato.4
apache  1.3.9-13.2
mysql-client 3.22.32-4
mysql-server 3.22.32-4
php3-imap
php3-ldap
php3-mysql

my php3.ini:
  extension=php3_imap.so      ; Added for IMAP support
  extension=php3_mysql.so     ; Added for MySql support
;  extension=pgsql.so     ; Added for PostgreSql support
  extension=php3_ldap.so      ; Added for LDAP support

when i try with the php3 extension delete, the result is
the same.
And the result is:

Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_pconnect()
in /etc/horde/db_mysql.inc on line 73

when i do a request to my-web-server/imp

and when i go to my-web-server/horde/test.php3 i have that:

PHP Module Capabilities

     IMAP Support: No
     Without IMAP support, IMP will not run. You will need to fix this
if you want to run IMP.
     LDAP Support: No
     MySQL Support: No
     PostgreSQL Support: No

I don't understand because my php3.ini seems to be OK, and also ls
/usr/lib/php3/apache

ZibouGate:/etc/php3/apache# ls /usr/lib/php3/apache/
calendar.so  crypt.so  imap.so  ldap.so  mysql.so  pgsql.so

Some help please.

Fabrice
Cartron