openLDAP1.2.11 + 4.0.4pl1 + Apache 1.3.14 + Sol 7

John McCoy, Jr. jmccoy@mills.edu
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 07:56:42 -0800

I know this is really a PHP question but no one over there seems to have the
answer, I've searched the archive and only found similar questions but no
solutions, so here you go.

I'm trying to implement LDAP searching in the contacts window.
I've been struggling with the Undefined Symbol Errors when running make on
the Apache source code.

In the PHP mail archives I found a recommendation to add LIBS=-lldap to the
configure command, I now get this when running configure.

ber_dup                             /usr/local/lib/libldap.so
ber_get_int                         /usr/local/lib/libldap.so
<SNIP>
ber_alloc_t                         /usr/local/lib/libldap.so
ber_sockbuf_add_io                  /usr/local/lib/libldap.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to helpers/dummy
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

LDAP works fine from command line and Windows based tools. PHP does have
IMAP Patch applied for IMP website.
http://www.horde.org/imp/contrib/php-4.0.4pl1-imap-patch.txt
If I don't have LDAP in PHP everything is fine, of course.

Thanks for any help.

Complete config line:
# SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.6 EAPI_MM=../mm-1.1.3
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib LIBS=-lldap
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --activate-module=src/modules/php4/li
bphp4.a --enable-module=ssl --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a --e
nable-module=perl

John McCoy, Jr
Central Systems Administrator
Mills College, Oakland, CA