Can't send mail.

David Cake dave@difference.com.au
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:28:05 +0800

	IMP is working for me in every way except sending mail. When
I send mail, compose.php reloads itself, as if nothing has happened
(ie doesn't close popup, as I presume it should). I've checked and
double checked every thing to do with sending mail.
	Now, on further investigation, it seems even stranger. I have
set up a log statement in compose.php, just before the big switch
($actionID)  that deals with all the various action handlers.
	Now, if I click, say, Save Draft, it duly logs an action
handler for set draft, as you would expect.
	But if you click on Send Message, it attempts to reload
compose.php, but nothing happens, and nothing is logged. Its as if
somehow clicking the button doesn't trigger an action handler at all.
	And I can see absolutely no difference between the
HTML/javascript for the two buttons besides the obvious eg the button
row source is
     <input type="button" class="button"
onclick="document.compose.actionID.value='16'; uniqSubmit();"
value="Send Message" />
           <input type="button" class="button"
onclick="document.compose.actionID.value='29'; uniqSubmit();"
value="Save Draft" />
           <input type="button" class="button"
onclick="confirmCancel();" value="Cancel Message" />
	So why would the first behave any differently?

	I'm using latest cvs versions, but I had the problem previously.
	The only thing really unusual about my setup is that I am
using MacOS X Server as the deployment platform.
	Cheers
		David