[imp] Installing w/o root access

Matt Janssen blackwidow@writeme.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:37:14 -0500

The problem is that Horde is not installed on this system.  I can not change
the php.ini or any of the configuration files for that matter, so it can't
find the needed PHPlib files.  Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about,
but I keep getting the undefined function open_page error. Thanks again for
the help.

  -Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Lafferty [mailto:rich@bofh.concordia.ca]On Behalf Of Rich
Lafferty
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 3:46 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Installing w/o root access

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 02:56:39PM -0500, Matt Janssen
(blackwidow@writeme.com) wrote:

> I would like to run IMP on a server which does not have Horde installed.
> There is no way to change this and I can't get root access for the life of
> me.  I would also like to know if I could have imp sitting somewhere other
> than www.mysite.com/horde/imp. (ie: www.mysite.com/email)

Yep -- there are instructions for this in the FAQ.

> I'm not sure if either of these two tasks are possible.  I do have
> IMP set up to the point where it is ready to access the database
> which I have created, but it cannot access the needed PHPlibs, for
> obvious reasons.

The reasons aren't obvious -- PHPlib is just a bunch of php files like
the rest of Horde. Exactly what problems are you encountering?

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services